Best Occasion to Prepare this Paneer Tikka Recipe
Meet Paneer Tikka – the Vegetarian Half Brother of Chicken Tikka.
If you chose to be a Vegetarian, were born and raised a Vegetarian, or are forced to be a Vegetarian, you know you have at least one superfood to be thankful for, Paneer – the saving grace
It’s a rainy Fry-day here; calls for HOT Grill-fried Paneer Tikka <3
We are a family of food lovers and critics; some diet-conscious and Athletic even. Fortunately, our Indian Vegetarian diet offers a few Superfoods and with that, a wide array of recipes – tried and tested that we can bend to our taste and cook a delicious healthy sumptuous meal for our dear foodies. Paneer in that aspect has always been our favorite safety blanket as and when someone decides to go on a Keto, Paleo, or any other low carb diet. That said, Paneer Tikka as a starter/appetizer has been so popular over the last couple of decades that Restaurants & Food joints have been using that as a base for creating Fusion recipes. Paneer Tikka Pizza, Paneer Tikka Sizzler, Paneer Tikka Wraps/Frankie, Paneer Tikka Tacos, Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls!? Yummm I know but pausing at Paneer Tikka for a second; have you tried ALL the recipes of Paneer Tikka yet? Try them if not- you MAY want to create fusion recipes with some of the better-tasting Paneer Tikkas. 😉
Kindle the MasterChef in you!
PS: Serve hot with Mint yogurt Chutney!
My Top Recipe Recommendations
PS: During the days you are exhausted or are not in a mood to prepare the traditional Tikka Masala paste, I recommend using Rani Tandoori Paste and work the magic of Instant Pot Air Fryer for a healthy meal.
- Tandoori Paneer Tikka– Traditionally paneer tikka is made in Tandoor or in oven, but you can make it on a non stick tawa or pan too. If you have Tandoori masala (this one is good too!) lying around in your house, now is the time to use it!
- Achari Paneer Tikka– Paneer dipped in Yogurt+Pickle Marinade. I’m a huge fan of this recipe as well!
- Hariyali Paneer Tikka– The name speaks for itself – the very green (coriander+mint) Chutney forms the base of the Marinade
- Ajwaini Paneer Tikka– One of my all time favorites. Ajwain and Mustard oil both attribute to a bitter taste – be careful with the proportions before you dip the Paneer inside!
- Malai Paneer Tikka Juicy & succulent Paneer Tikka – dipped in rich and creamy Marinade. Powdered cashews and almonds take it all the way! Feel free to play around with spices, given this will only be mildly spicy
- (1) Lasuni Paneer Tikka – Fan of Garlic based Marinade? Take a look!
- (2) Thome ka Paneer Tikka/ Garlic Paneer Tikka – Another Garlic Paneer Tikka variation. This one is very innovative in appearance and flavor!
- Tiranga Paneer Tikka – Three colors of the flag and so – three different flavors and tastes in one block of delicious cheese bite!
- Paneer Tikka Kali Mirch – Take it slow on this one, as it’ll make your evening! The marinade on this one is dominated by black pepper, cheese cubes, fresh cream and yogurt. Makes for a great late evening snack, doesn’t it?
- Saunfia Paneer Tikka – Another interesting recipe that’ll entice your taste buds. This Sweet and creamy tasting recipe is sure to melt in your mouth
- Anannas Paneer Tikka – The perfect Summer Pool Party appetizer to satiate all taste buds! Made using pineapple, paneer, yogurt, cream, ginger, peppercorns, green capsicum, red bell pepper, sugar, and salt, this appetizer recipe is definitely going to get your party started
- Mango Mint Paneer Tikka – Another Summertime Pool Party Appetizer for you to try!
- Makhmali Paneer Tikka – This Smooth and Velvety (literally translating Makhmali) is closer in taste to Malai Paneer Tikka – but not so much. Take a peek!
- Pahadi Paneer Tikka – A simple recipe, oven cooked Demo and something with Potato
- Basil Paneer Tikka – Take your call with Garlic content in this recipe. I dropped the number by a few to enjoy the taste of Tulsi in Paneer
- Paneer Jalfrezi – This is NOT a traditional Paneer Tikka Recipe. It pairs well with Jeera Rice, Basmati Rice(this one is long and fluffy and very aromatic when cooked right), Indian Bread and also popularly consumed as a filling in Kathi Rolls, but also serves its purpose as a spicy appetizer. A rather popular one at it!
- Paneer Tikka Using Air Fryer – This is my go-to recipe on lazy evenings when I put my Instant Pot Air Fryer to its best use. You will not regret eating multiple servings of these since it is healthier.
These items are available in your local Amazon.
My Improv & Notes
- When preparing classic Paneer Tikka, you can use vegetables of your choice like Onion, cut Corn, Mushroom, Tofu, Red Bell Pepper (Capsicum), Orange and Yellow Bell Peppers. Pineapple and Watermelon can be Barbecued too- in fact, they taste great in the mix!
- You can cook Paneer Tikka on stovetop too. Just roast the marinated Paneer and vegetables in a pan, grease the Paneer pieces and vegetables with oil before toasting
- Transfer the skewers to a serving plate, sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice over it
- To get burnt flavor, roast the cooked Tikka on all sides evenly over the direct gas flame for a half minute
- That said, before I forget, the shape and size of cut Veggies and Paneer should be proportionate and the same, for the ease of grilling them evenly
Restaurants Serving Best Paneer Tikka in Bay Area
Need to Buy Groceries and Food Supplies?
Place a pickup order with your local store through Fish’s Chat-based ordering platform. Because it is just that easy to chat with a business now.