Have you ever wondered how to add a little more life to your simple salad recipes? If so, then today’s ideas for the best easy salad recipes could be just what you’ve been looking for! We’ve summarized some of our top picks for the best salad recipes as follows to help you make the most of your cooking efforts, regardless of whether you’re looking for a side dish or if you intend to serve up the salad for dinner. From standard leafy salads to the best easy potato, pasta, chicken, and even fruit salad recipe ideas, we’ll consider them all to help you find an excellent solution. Plus, we’ll also consider a few key tips to help make the most of every salad – because when making a simple salad, the quality of ingredients can make or break the dish.
MAKING THE MOST OF THE SIMPLE, HUMBLE SALAD: 5 TIPS YOU SHOULD TRY
Before we can begin looking at our top picks for the best easy salad recipes you should try, we highly recommend you consider the following five tips to begin with. Hopefully, this will help your salads enjoy a little more life and excitement, too.
- Always use the freshest vegetables possible to keep your salad delicious. Veggies that have been improperly stored will often drag down your salad; so we recommend picking up veggies as close to the time you’re prepping the salad as possible. The Fish app works wonders in this regard, allowing users to contact local stores and place orders for collection on their way past; so, you can pick up uber-fresh, delicious veggies and fruits for your simple salad recipes without any of the hassle.
- When making the best salad recipes for dinner, make sure you’ve considered the size of each ingredient. For example, when following our easy potato salad recipe, ensuring you’ve carefully cut each ingredient can go a long way to ensuring a consistent and enjoyable eating experience. Take a little time with the prep; it will reward you afterwards when it comes to enjoying the salad.
- Don’t be afraid to use a dressing. Indeed, many people can be a little hesitant when using dressings and glazes to finish their salads; however, these are an excellent way to help your salad live up to its full potential.
- Consider what you’re going to serve your salad with; indeed, a simple bowl of salad alone, unless it’s got plenty of variation in ingredients, can be a little dull. As such, salads are often served as accompaniments to main meals. Or, if not, you may want to pair your salad with some fresh, crusty bread for a delicious meal overall.
- When making a fresh salad, textures can play a significant role in keeping things interesting. As such, sprinkling your finished salad with seeds, lentils, or breadcrumbs can help. Or, in some cases, pork scratchings, bacon, or crackling can also offer a great texture variation compared to the salad leaves themselves.
THE BEST SALAD IDEAS FOR DINNER YOU NEED TO KNOW
#1 Easy Potato Salad Recipe
First of all, we’ll consider a classic: our easy potato salad recipe suggestion! Indeed, it really couldn’t be easier to make a potato salad; plus, this recipe ensures your potato salad will go down a treat with everyone.
A little mayo, freshly boiled potatoes, sour cream, green onions, and a few herbs ensure that this easy potato salad recipe is an instant hit. Plus, with a little crumbled bacon (optional, but absolutely delicious), there’s an extra salty kick to this easy potato salad recipe that you’re sure to love.
#2 Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
Looking for an easy go-to chicken salad recipe? We think you’ll absolutely love this healthy, low-fat, and easy grilled lemon and herb Mediterranean chicken salad. It’s almost effortless, but you wouldn’t tell that when enjoying the dish; in fact, it looks like a dish that should have taken at least an hour to prepare.
#3 Easy Pasta Salad
It’s a Mediterranean staple, and this easy pasta salad recipe could be perfect for any lunch or dinnertime meal. Made with ingredients such as fusilli pasta, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and Persian cucumber, it’s a varied salad that offers something a little different with every bite.
#4 Leafy Greens Salads
Let’s face it – when we think of salads, leafy greens are what come to mind. Fortunately, this simple salad couldn’t get much easier; with a delicious dressing, it’s certainly quite moreish as either a side dish or a meal in its own right.
OUR FAVORITE SIMPLE FRUIT SALAD RECIPE FOR AN AFTER-DINNER TREAT
Most salad dishes are typically a veggie-based recipe; however, if you’re craving something a little sweeter, then it’s well worth considering the best, simple fruit salad recipe ideas as well. It’s still an excellent high-fiber dish, and while it might not be suitable for those following the keto diet, it’s otherwise a great sweet treat to consider. Indeed, they might seem like a deceptively simple recipe; still, fruit salads can still offer a delicious alternative to your normal salad ideas for dinner.
What’s more, they’re a great substitute for the standard post-dinner dessert. So, this can help everyone eat a little more healthily rather than opting for a bar of chocolate or a slice of cake. Of course, this all hinges on the ingredients you use and whether or not you’re adding any extra sugar; but, if you ask us, the right selection of fruits should contain all the sweetness you need to make your simple fruit salad recipe shine.
#5 The Ideal, Simple Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
Looking for a sweet and delicious treat that won’t leave you feeling over-full? If so, this sweet and simple summer fruit salad recipe could be absolutely perfect. It only takes around 20 minutes to prepare. Plus, it will serve around 10 people and offers a massive selection of your five-a-day in just one serving. It’s undeniably an excellent way to enjoy a health boost and is so sweet that it’s perfect as a dessert after any dish. Or, serve it up as a standalone stack in its own right; with so much fruit, there’s plenty of fiber to keep you feeling satisfied for a while.
Need to Buy Groceries and Food Supplies?
Place a pickup order with your local store through Fish’s Chat-based ordering platform. Because it is just that easy to chat with a business now.