You have a bag full of Aloo at home and want to indulge in something unhealthy? I did too. I couldn’t help myself but ripped open a bag of Sweet corn and Potatoes and pan fried delicious crispy yet soft Aloo Tikki. When you made one too many, you can always turn them into a Chaat Recipe or a gravy!
If you enjoy Aloo Tikki that much, you might want to take a peek at Indian Chaat Recipes!
My Recipe Corner
Potato – 2 medium , boiled, peeled and mashed
Green chili – 1, finely chopped
Bread slice – 1 piece / 2 tbsp of bread crumbs
Chaat masala – 1 tsp and Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder- 1/2teaspoon
ginger powder/ grated Ginger – 1 teaspoon
Green Peas – 1/2 cup and Sweet Corn (Optional) – 1/4 cup
Cornflour – 2 tablespoon
Black salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – 1 handful
- Completely mash the boiled Potatoes. If you have bread crumbs ready, add them to the potato. If you have it in bread form, soak the bread in water for few seconds. Now squeeze all the water from the bread and add to the chopped potato
- Add all the spice powders and salt. Add green peas and corn and now mix everything thoroughly using your hand. Now that the mixture is ready, make Patty out of them.
- Next, coat the aloo patties with corn flour. Heat a little oil over medium-high heat, smear some oil on both sides of Aloo Tikki and fry a few minutes on each side until they turn golden brown. Drain and cool on paper towels.
- Serve with any kind of sauce you like – I would go with Green Chutney/ Tomato Ketchup!
My Top Recipe Recommendations
My Improv & Notes
- Do not cook on low heat, tikkis will turn greasy and will not be as crispy. Use heavy bottom pan to turn them crispy on the outside
- Adjust the amount of Green chilies you use to make it spicy per your taste buds
- Grate some carrots and make it your very own Veggie Tikki!
- Aloo tikkis are best served hot with spicy chole!
- You can also serve crispy tikkis with cilantro chutney, garlic chutney or tamarind chutney
- Use it to make Ragada Patties or inside as a stuffing of Burgers/Sandwiches
Restaurants Serving Best Aloo Tikki (as Chaat!) in Bay Area
Need to Buy Groceries and Food Supplies?
Place a pickup order with your local store through Fish’s Chat-based ordering platform. Because it is just that easy to chat with a business now.